- a Webxdc app is a ZIP-file with the extension
- the ZIP-file MUST use the default compression methods as of RFC 1950, this is "Deflate" or "Store"
- the ZIP-file MUST contain at least the file
- the ZIP-file MAY contain a
- if the webxdc app is started,
index.htmlMUST be opened in a restricted webview that only allows accessing resources from the ZIP-file.
If the ZIP-file contains a
manifest.toml in its root directory,
the following basic information MUST be read from it:
name = "My App Name"
source_code_url = "https://example.org/orga/repo"
name- The name of the webxdc app. If no name is set or if there is no manifest, the filename is used as the webxdc name.
source_code_url- Optional URL where the source code of the webxdc and maybe other information can be found. Messenger implementors may make the url accessible via a "Help" menu in the webxdc window.
If the ZIP-root contains an
these files are used as the icon for the webxdc.
The icon should be a square at reasonable width/height,
usually between 128 x 128 and 512 x 512 pixel.
Round corners, circle cut out etc. will be added by the implementations as needed;
do not add borders or shapes to the icon therefore.
If no icon is set, a default icon will be used.